SCSMI 2022 — Gandia, Spain — June 1-4
Read the guidelines and submit proposals from the following link.
The deadline for proposals is midnight (EST) December 15, 2021.
The Society for Cognitive Studies of the Moving Image (SCSMI) invites proposals for presentations at its annual conference to be held June 1-4, 2022 at the Universitat Politècnica de València in Gandia, Spain. The current plan is for a hybrid conference that will feature some in-person presentations and some virtual presentations.
Gandia, a city of around 80,000, lies between the mountains and the sea. Its beach, its historical center linked to the Borgia family, and its natural environment provide the city with a unique quality that combines the warmth of Mediterranean destinations with a powerful tourist appeal. Gandia is on the coast, 65 km south of Valencia and 116 km from Alicante. It has excellent road connections and a comprehensive rail service. To reach Gandia from Valencia by train takes about 50 minutes from Valencia Central Station. From there, catch a taxi or bus to the Campus of the Universitat Politècnica de València.
- Here is a link to more information about Gandia.
- Here is a link to additional travel information.
- Campus de Gandia map. The conference will take place in Building G, on Aula Magna.
Information about accommodations for conference participants will be posted here shortly.
- Dr. Francisca Pérez Carreño, Universidad de Murcia, President of the European Society for Aesthetics.
- Dr. Emma Rodero, Director of the Media Psychology Lab at Pompeu Fabra University.
- Filmmaker Rodrigo Sorogoyen. (To be confirmed.)
SCSMI 2021 Online Presentations
The online presentations last year’s conference will remain available here until SCSMI 2022.